Programs and Partners
- Miigeweyon: "Going home." An ongoing hearse project, by and for the Indian community, taking the deceased to their home reservations. This project has been active since the 1970’s through Deacon John Spears (Red Lake Ojibwe). For over 40 years we have transported hundreds of Indian people to their home reservations within a 400-mile radius. This project is supported by some of our partners, and was awarded
- Elder’s picnic. This is an annual feast, and we contribute as part of a coalition of agencies honoring Indian elders.
- School supplies. In 2022 two hundred children were given full school supplies including back packs. This is supported with 5 of our partner parishes.
- Christmas Celebration. We host Santa, as we feast Christ's birth with a meal and sharing of gifts. Our partner parishes support this ministry, and many gifts are distributed to the wider Indian community.
- Emergency food shelf distribution. We have an emergency food shelf that serves families who have had a wake, although “drop ins” are also welcome. (This is not a regional food shelf.)
- Family Camps
- Drum and Dance
- We are a polling pace for the local district.
- We offer coats, hats and mittens and some winter clothing, to both drop-ins and those who participate in our programs.
- Cooperation with reservation parishes throughout the state.
Parish Partners: Saint John Neumann, Holy Name and Saint Joan of Arc.
Parish education programs: Saint Catherine’s University, Saint Edward, Bloomington, Carleton College, Council of Catholic Women.
Universities: Saint Catherine’s University, St. Paul; Marquette University, Milwaukee; Creighton University, Omaha; Loras College, Dubuque; University St. Thomas, St. Paul; College of St. Benedict St. John’s University, Collegeville.
Local Agencies: Member of Metropolitan Urban Indian Directors, Southside Harm Reduction, Circle Newspaper, St. Vincent de Paul, Catholic Charities, Agate Housing, Opiate/homeless weekly coalition, Health care for the homeless, Minneapolis Saturday Feeds, Sisters Camelot, Hennepin County, Tribal Urban Offices, Tribal Governments.
Religious Congregations: St. Joseph Sisters of Carondelet, St. Paul, Congregation of St. Joseph, LaGrange, Ill, Franciscan Sisters of Little Falls, Little Falls, Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration, La Crosse, Wi, School Sisters of Notre Dame, Mankato, Ladysmith Servite Sisters, Ladysmith Wi. Sisinawa Dominicans, Racine, WI
Religious Institutions: Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, Catholic Services Appeal, Catholic Community Foundation, Black and Indian Missions, Tekakwitha Conference, Minnesota Catholic Conference, United States Catholic Council of Bishops